Author Topic: HOAX! - 'Dudley Dorito' - March 26th 2012  (Read 22965 times)

DrDIl

• View Profile
    • DroneHoax.com
HOAX! - 'Dudley Dorito' - March 26th 2012
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
This is from one of the usual suspects at YouTube (ties to the Amsterdam video debunked earlier).

It’s a new video (26th March 2012) from the UK and involves an alleged UFO I’ve researched several times over the last few years, can be seen passing behind individual tree branches but I haven’t had a chance to open it up yet and check for bleeds or masking errors:

Thought you may find it of interest as it just hit the MSM in the UK, first time the report has been accompanied by a video though.

There was another video floating about (pardon the pun) a few hours ago but I don’t know if it was similar as not long after Gather.com posted it the YT video was ‘removed by user’.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:08:55 PM by HOAXKiller1 »
Fighting Against Truth Decay!!

HoaxKillerFriend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HoaxKillerFriend
Re: 'Dudley Dorito' - March 26th 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
Right off the bat, it's never a good sign when a video has a "jump cut" edit. At the very beginning of this video there is an edit after the camera is pointed at the ground and before the trees are shown. This is an immediate giveaway that the video was certainly run through some sort of processing software.

I made a brief video of this edit and slowed it down.

HOAXKiller1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • thehoaxkiller.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
DrDil,

Thanks for posting that, and glad to see you on the forum!

I will take a look at the video and see what I can find.  The first thing I would look for is evidence of chroma keying around the branches. I think chroma keying the blue sky would be the easiest way to add that fake UFO behind the branches.

I'll take a look at it more closely later.

HoaxKillerFriend,

Not sure your video was necessary, but thanks.  Also, not all cuts are edits. A lot of cameras will allow you to pause recordings in the middle of recording, and then resume, and that can look like an edit.  However in this case, it looks like they did just cut to the fake CGI part.

-edit to add-

This is from one of the usual suspects at YouTube (ties to the Amsterdam video debunked earlier).

DrDil, did you mean the Himalayan video instead of the Amsterdam one?  The Himalayan one is also made by "xxxdonutzxxx" who made the video in your first post.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:37:53 PM by HOAXKiller1 »

DrDIl

• View Profile
    • DroneHoax.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
Right off the bat, it's never a good sign when a video has a "jump cut" edit. At the very beginning of this video there is an edit after the camera is pointed at the ground and before the trees are shown. This is an immediate giveaway that the video was certainly run through some sort of processing software.

Thanks for that HKF.

DrDil,

Thanks for posting that, and glad to see you on the forum!

<snip>

DrDil, did you mean the Himalayan video instead of the Amsterdam one?  The Himalayan one is also made by "xxxdonutzxxx" who made the video in your first post.

Thanks HK it’s good to be here. I went back and double-checked and you are of course right. I had that many windows open at the time I must have got mixed-up although I was sure a seen that  ‘7th Area’ was associated with both.

The ‘original’ Dudley Dorito reports (2007 until now) never contained images or video, well they did but they were the ‘usual suspects’ of triangular craft that generally get posted with every BT report and were subsequently misattributed to the Dudley Dorito which was then perpetuated across the internet.

Same old, same old…..

Cheers.

DrDIl

• View Profile
    • DroneHoax.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »
I was searching online for something unrelated and happened across a thread about this at everybody’s favourite CT forum:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread824209/pg1

Seems as if no-one was able to definitively debunk it although I still can’t shake the feeling it’s CG.

Cheers.

HOAXKiller1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • thehoaxkiller.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 03:08:39 PM »
Sorry I have been away and busy the past couple weeks.  I had debunked this when it was first released, but I never finished the video to explain my debunk.  Anyway here it is:

The video shows obvious chroma keying mistakes.  Parts of the sky that should have been keyed out were not, and so they were displayed on top of the UFO.

Moving this to the HOAX forum.

DrDIl

• View Profile
    • DroneHoax.com
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 03:23:39 PM »
Sorry I have been away and busy the past couple weeks.  I had debunked this when it was first released, but I never finished the video to explain my debunk.  Anyway here it is:

The video shows obvious chroma keying mistakes.  Parts of the sky that should have been keyed out were not, and so they were displayed on top of the UFO.

Moving this to the HOAX forum.

Thanks for that HK (although I’m going to have to slow it down to see what you mean!!)

Cheers.

HOAXKiller1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • thehoaxkiller.com
Re: HOAX! - 'Dudley Dorito' - March 26th 2012
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
Sorry, the video is kind of fast.

Throughout the video you can see a white / very light blue colored feathered edge around all the tree branches...  that is a form of light bloom.  When the hoaxers tried to chroma key out the background (the solid blue sky), they didn't do a good job of keying out the light bloomed feathered edges of the branches, and that caused the light bloomed areas of the sky to appear on top of the UFO.

Some of the small gaps between the tree branches were completely filled with light bloom, and that caused the small gaps to be a different shade of blue than the rest of the sky.  When they chroma keyed out the darker blue sky, they didn't key out the small light blue gaps, and those small gaps of sky (which should have been filled in by the dark UFO when it passed behind them) were displayed on top of the UFO.

Throughout the video there are many small gaps between the branches which you should have seen the UFO between when it passes behind them, but instead they just show the sky.  Those areas didn't get keyed out.

HOAXKiller1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • thehoaxkiller.com
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:08 PM »
The YouTube user "xxxdonutzxxx" filed a copyright infringement claim on my video and it was taken down.  Since I strictly follow Fair Use laws, I filed a counter-claim to get the video back.  So while that is processing I uploaded the video to my web host so it can be viewed on the Videos page, and here:

Moderate Martian

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »
xxxdonutzxxx has 36 videos from all around the world and naturally he/she has the copyright to all these videos or rather the base videos which were used as a starting point for the hoax. Something needs to be done in regards to the automated and frankly ridiculous DMCA function as it's a legal entity. Something like all DMCA's should have to be performed by a solicitor who has varied the claimants details, in that way making it less attractive to those who flippantly use it incorrectly to remove unwanted criticism. Hope you don't get a strike Hoaxkiller...

HoaxKillerFriend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HoaxKillerFriend
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »
What really needs to be done is that YouTube should be upholding it's guidelines and penalizing users that file a false claim. For example, if someone files a claim against me and gives me a strike and then I file a successful counter-notification, then that user should receive a strike. Three strikes and they're out!

Moderate Martian

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »
HoaxKillerFriend: That's a good idea, much more easy to implement...

DrDIl

• View Profile
    • DroneHoax.com
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:02 AM »
Meh, I was just about to Blog about this and realised it had been taken down, the small excerpt that was used surely constitutes ‘fair use’ and so it’s an absolute disgrace that a take-down can be implemented so easily.

(Thanks HK for your efforts especially the added explanation, it's appreciated).

What really needs to be done is that YouTube should be upholding it's guidelines and penalizing users that file a false claim. For example, if someone files a claim against me and gives me a strike and then I file a successful counter-notification, then that user should receive a strike. Three strikes and they're out!

Good idea or better still if someone wants a video such as this (highlighting flaws) taken down then unless the original unedited video file can be supplied then everything CG should be forced to be labelled as such along with a prominent notice on the uploaders account. I’m not sure it would constitute false advertising exactly but it’s certainly a grey area and essentially YouTube is facilitating deception by allowing videos such as this to remain not only unquestioned but they're also allowing the hard-work of those that do question them to be taken down so effortlessly.

Of course I still intend to write about it and I will also include the video but now the uploader will also be named & their recent questionable actions highlighted.

Cheers.

DrDIl

• View Profile
    • DroneHoax.com
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
The YouTube user "xxxdonutzxxx" filed a copyright infringement claim on my video and it was taken down.  Since I strictly follow Fair Use laws, I filed a counter-claim to get the video back. 

<snip>
Did you hear back about this HK?

And promised -belated- post:

http://blog.ufo-blog.com/2012/05/another-dudley-dorito-hoax.html

Cheers.

HoaxKillerFriend

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HoaxKillerFriend
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »